“I can have a cookie for breakfast!?”
“Yes, my sweet child. You can have a cookie for breakfast.”
“Can I have an Oreo instead?”
“No dear. If you want to have a cookie these giant Peanut Butter and Apple Breakfast Cookies are the only kind you can have.”
Am I the coolest Mom or what!? I totally let my kids have cookies for breakfast. Not the Oreo kind but still, peanut butter is pretty darn good.
Since the day before my kids were born I wanted to be the cool mom. Then we had kids and it was clear that I was probably not going to reach that potential. Especially since within the first few years my music playlist was reduced to The Eensy Weensy Spider and the ABC’s.
Now I’m like Nikki Ma-who? And who is this Bieber kid everyone keeps talking about?
So when it comes to entertainment I’m okay being the fuddy duddy. But the kitchen is my playground and I’m gonna use it to it’s full potential. Afterall, I have four boys and the way to a boys heart is through his stomach. At this rate I’m pretty sure I’m taken care of for life.
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 - 6oz container Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven 350
- In a medium bowl cream together the peanut butter, brown sugar and greek yogurt. Beat in the egg. Set aside.
- In another bowl sift together the all-purpose flour, wheat flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture and beat until mixed.
- With a rubber spatula fold in the rolled oats and diced apples.
- Measure out ¼ cup scoops of the dough and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper 2" apart. Press slightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!